Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26734 Discussions

Segmentation fault on mac os with -qopenmp

Polk__Jay
Beginner

I am using intel fortran on a mac with catalina.  My program compiles and runs fine as long as I don't include -qopenmp.  When i include that option, I get a segmentation fault. Increasing the stack size from the shell doesn't fix it.  Older posts suggest that it can be increased using -stack_size, but it doesn't seem to recognize that in my version. Is there another way to increase stack size, or other potential causes?

Thanks--Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

stacksize is set by the linker.  The syntax is to pass -stack_size to the linker.  you use -Wl, for passing args to the linker like this

ifort -Wl,-stack_size -Wl,0x1000000 -o hello hello.f90

sorry it took so long to get back to this.  Let me know if this works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ron_Green

I will investigate this. I also am surprised that the compiler does not have the -stack_size option. At least I don't see it in -help.

Polk__Jay
Beginner

Hi Ronald,

any luck with the stack size issue?

Thanks--Jay

Ron_Green

stacksize is set by the linker.  The syntax is to pass -stack_size to the linker.  you use -Wl, for passing args to the linker like this

ifort -Wl,-stack_size -Wl,0x1000000 -o hello hello.f90

sorry it took so long to get back to this.  Let me know if this works.

View solution in original post