Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Shared library error

ksasidhar
Beginner
I am using Intel fortran for linux machines with redhat 7.3 and redhat Enterprise linux WS. When I run the code it shows following error.
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
I dont know what it means. Can you help me over this. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Unless you have linked with -i-static, you must have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to a copy of the library directory which comes with your Intel compiler.
0 Kudos
ksasidhar
Beginner
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I dont have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my intel fortran lib folder. Do I have to copy the file to that folder. If so can you tell me where I can get that file from. thanks.
Sasidhar Kondaraju
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you don't want to install the compiler, you can copy the library. When you run the library environment script (ifortvars.sh or equivalent) it sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so you can see where the library is.

'ldd yourexecutable' will show which dynamic libraries are needed. Copy the /lib folder with the required .so files to your execute computer, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
0 Kudos
rgmayoral
Beginner
I had this problem only while on a KDE environment. I solved it by setting to 'konsole --ls' the application command in the konsole properties, instead of the default 'konsole'
0 Kudos