Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Should it work on Windows 8?

Paul_Dent
New Contributor I

I just installed Visual studio 2022 on a windows 8 machine, followed by newly donwloaded Intel Fortran ONE API

I guess it's a trial version with some limitations because I was not asked to buy anything!

I wrote a very short test program and it compiled. But I can't find a .exe file so I can't run it.

Should I expect one?

Another issue is that there is no control over posurce file names. They are just called Source1.for, Source2.for etc automatically.

Are the above limitations of the trial instal, Windows 8 problems or what?

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Dent
New Contributor I

I found the problkem with missing urctd.lib

It seems that, if when installing VS2022 you check more than the "desktop c++" boc, then it falis to install Windoiws SK(10).

I re=installed VS2022 with ONLY "desktop C++" checked and now it works in Winoidws 8.1 fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The current OneAPI compiler packages are free to install and run, subject to your accepting the license conditions. A license file is not needed, and what you installed is not a separate and limited "trial" version. Please see the FAQ. The release notes contain information on prerequisites (OS, software dependencies, hardware).

0 Kudos
Paul_Dent
New Contributor I

OK that is great. I found another post having the same problem and Steve Lionel had found what was wrong, I will try that

0 Kudos
Paul_Dent
New Contributor I

The tip given by Steve Lionel to another poster with the same issue worked for me  Apparently, it's not enough to create a new FORTRAN file by typing it into the editor. You have acutally ADD it to the project too. You didn't need to do that in CVF, it was automatic.  So befofre, it was compiling an empty source folder. It didn't complain, so I didn't know.

Having added the FORTRAN source file to the project, it now compiles, but when I try to link, I get:

error link 1104: Can't open file ucrtd.lib

There isn't such a library file on my machine.   My program is very short and not asking for anything unuusal. AM i just missing a librarry file, and if so, where can I get it?

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

"is that there is no control over posurce file names. They are just called Source1.for, Source2.for etc automatically"

If you ask VS to create new Fortran source files  and don't specify a name these are default names. Later , you can right click the file name in solution explorer and rename them if you want also.

0 Kudos
Paul_Dent
New Contributor I

I found the problkem with missing urctd.lib

It seems that, if when installing VS2022 you check more than the "desktop c++" boc, then it falis to install Windoiws SK(10).

I re=installed VS2022 with ONLY "desktop C++" checked and now it works in Winoidws 8.1 fine.

0 Kudos