Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Some users unable to post a new topic

FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Nichols, John Mon, 05/11/2020 - 13:47 wrote in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/856414#new

Nichols, John wrote:

In the Intel Fortran Forum -- I get an error on trying to post a new topic 

Old form please resubmit  

I have rebooted and done a scannow and it still happens -- I am not sure if this work as I have tried many times - so I posted to the MKL as well 

This is my last go -- fingers crossed 

any ideas?

0 Kudos
32 Replies
DerenT_Intel

We're seeing the issue w/ new topic, they pushed something that didn't work.  Our IT guy is re-opening it and trying something new right now.  Will let you know when the fix is live.

0 Kudos
DerenT_Intel

new changes did not fix the ajax upload issue.  i'll update here when that's resolved as well. pretty sure we know the issue, the screenshot you sent matches the error i'm getting so we have the correct url which is good thanks for uploading that for me steve, just wanted to make sure the ajax endpoint we're fixing is the same one causing you problems.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Dear Deren:

I appreciate your notes, it is important for many kind souls that this forum works.  I tried to upload the ajax error screenshot but lol I got an ajax error. 

Good hunting

John

0 Kudos
DerenT_Intel

It looks like the last fix they pushed live worked.  At least for me.   There might be some dns caching depending on how your network is configured, but please give it a shot again and let me know if it's working for you.  

if it's not working can you let me know what the specific error url is.  screenshot of where that path is below.  Whenever someone asks for a screenshot that's basically the only part we care about:

5-14-2020 2-08-27 PM.png

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Trying to load an image ..jnk2.PNG

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Ok, let's try it...

telzey.jpg

Much better!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I can now read and respond to my private messages, too! Still can't post a blog entry.

0 Kudos
SunMesa
Beginner

I've just now (~2130 MDT 14 May) been able to successfully post a new topic. Username anomalies also seem to be resolved. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve Lionel (Ret.) (Blackbelt) wrote:

Ok, let's try it...

Does the young cat speak Fortran -- 

telzey.jpg

Much better!

0 Kudos
DerenT_Intel

@steve the blogs actually got moved to the corporate site which means you can't post through idz anymore.  we're looking at ways to make it accessible for external posters again, but in the mean time you'd have to have someone at intel post the blog on your behalf.  

devmesh added blogging capability fairly recently though, and that would allow you to post/edit your blogs directly: https://devmesh.intel.com/

I think your regular forum credentials should allow you to log in there and post blogs.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Deren, at this point I want to make one more post here on IDZ where my other blogs are, directing people to the blog's new location on my personal web site. An Intel person could not post it in a way that makes it appear I wrote it - unless you have some magic that can make that happen.

0 Kudos
DerenT_Intel

Hey Steve, actually i'm pretty sure the new platform does support that.  You can't post it yourself, but we can specify you as the author.  At least that's the promise w/ the new CMS we moved to.  The move is really recent so a lot of the functionality hasn't been tested by our web teams yet, but it >should< be there.  Shoot me an email w/ what you want to post and i can talk to one of the TCE's about how to post it properly.

0 Kudos