Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Start a new page in the printout?

GWats1
New Contributor I

Sorry for another stupid question, but I am using FORTRAN-Winprint to print to my windows printer and I've got it working.  I wanted to got to the top of a new page after a write statement and for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

In the old days with carriage control a 1 in column 1 would do the trick but I am at a loss to remember how to do it. I posted below a piece of my old FORTRAN code that designs base plates and I wanted to start a new page for the next bolt in my do loop.

C WRITE(*,236)

WRITE(2,236)

236 FORMAT(2X,'BOLT',/2X,'NUMBER',3X,'X COORD',3X,'Y COORD',5X,'LOAD'

+ ,5X,'RADIAL DIST',5X,'ANGLE FROM X AXIS'/)

DO 260 I=1,ITOT

C WRITE(*,237)I,POS(1,I),POS(2,I),BLOAD(I),DIS(I),RTD(ANGLE(I))

260 WRITE(2,237)I,POS(1,I),POS(2,I),BLOAD(I),DIS(I),RTD(ANGLE(I))

237 FORMAT(5X,I3,1X,F9.3,1X,F9.3,1X,F8.3,9X,F7.4,9X,F8.4)

write (2,707)

707 Format('1' 10x 'Start new plate solution'/)

C

926 CONTINUE

999 CONTINUE

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If the file is opened with CARRIAGECONTROL='FORTRAN', then indeed the first column is used for carriage control and a 1 there will start a new page. You can read this in the code for Fortran_WinPrint. Probably your file is not opened with that option.

You could add whatever you wanted to trigger this, say a FF character in column 1. It's very clear in the source how this is done.

0 Kudos
Basab_B_
Beginner
This comment has been moved to its own thread
0 Kudos
GWats1
New Contributor I

I was able to get the top of page to be selected but I had to edit the code in FORTRAN_winprint to change the parameter DFortran_CC to TRUE

logical(4), parameter :: DFortran_CC = .FALSE. ! Fortran carriage control?

logical(4) :: WFortran_CC

I tried to put your suggestion into the Open statement but it did not work:

open (unit=1,file=OUTFILE,form='formatted',

1 status='old',action='read',

2 CARRIAGECONTROL='FORTRAN')

istat = Print_Unit (1, Default_Printer=.FALSE.)

close (1)

I'm not sure where CARRIAGECONTROL='FORTRAN' goes in my .FOR program but changing the DFortran_CC to TRUE worked for me.

0 Kudos