Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Strange warnings

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

When compiling without debug info, I get these warnings for almost every routine.With debug, I get no warnings or errors. What gives?

Warning: Incorrect number of actual arguments to intrinsic function for_write_int_fmt
Warning: Incorrect number of actual arguments to intrinsic function for_write_seq
Warning: Incorrect number of actual arguments to intrinsic function for_read_seq

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Hard to say without an example. I've never seen this before. What compiler and version?
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

It's the latest Ver 8. Doesn't happen if I specify minimal size as the optimization. Does happen with max optimize with ot without adional optimizations.Another problem is that the linker bombs if you try to optimaize across the whole project....

I figure the optimizer is doing something funky with the I/O calls. Doesn't seem to affect execution so far.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please send an example (or examples) to Intel Premier Support, so that they can be investigated.
0 Kudos
parubini
Beginner
Is there any further news on this issue, all of my code gives this warning

Warning: Incorrect number of actual arguments to intrinsic function for_write_seq_fmt

Thanks

Phil.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
According to support notes, this is fixed in the current update (8.0.042 or later)
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Yes, it is fixed.
0 Kudos