Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28442 Discussions

Takes much longer to close a solution with mixed fortran/C++ than just C++

Brian_Francis
Beginner
Hi,
We saw that it takes a long time to close our VS2010 solutions when we have a mix of fortran and C++ projects together. Solutions containing a lot of fortran projects (20+) can take up to 30 seconds to close. This is a bit annoying.
I looked to see if i could see differences via using sysinternals process monitor to look at a C++ only versus mixed solution. I do not see any differences other than the lag for each fortran project being unloaded.
anyone knows a solution
Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jansson
Beginner
We also have this problem. :(

I got loading the projects much faster after turning of all the fancy stuff in
Tools->Options->Text Editor->Fortran->Advanced

specially:
->Scan system includes

Cheers,
Magnus
0 Kudos
Brian_Francis
Beginner
Loading is fast and not a problem for us. I see the option you mentionned was already OFF by default for us. Our issue is really with closing the solutions.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which specific compiler version do you have? I can't recall seeing a complaint of slowness when closing a solution.
0 Kudos
Brian_Francis
Beginner
We are using Fortran XE update 8 with Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
This problem happen on all of our development PCs (6 PCs).
I just created 2 solutions which i will attahc to this post. One contain 5 C++ projects, and the other contain 5 fortran projects. The C++ solution close in about half a second while the fortran solution close in about 5 seconds.
PLease let me know if you can reproduce the problem. Thanks.
Brian
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I can reproduce that ratio of times. Interesting. I will ask our developers about this. Issue ID is DPD200179101.
0 Kudos
Brian_Francis
Beginner
Did you guys found the reson fo rthe fortran project taking so much time to close? Any chance of a fix in update 10?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, they did find and fix this. I had intended to update this thread. The fix will be in a release later this year.
0 Kudos