Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

$(TargetExt) cannot be overriden in "configuration properties -> General -> Target Extension" as its field is greyed

Jump to solution

I tried this with update 5 of ps xe 2018 and update 3 of ps xe 2019.

I created a fortran dll project in visual studio 2017 last update, and in "configuration properties -> General -> Target Extension" the $(TargetExt) cannot be overriden as its field is greyed. (See attached window-shot.)

Is this normal ? (This not the usual behavior in visual studio, say for a c++ dll project.)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
1 View

The target extension is set

Jump to solution

The target extension is set by the project type when you set it up it is dll/exe/lib etc I don't see anyway of changing it. Do from your other thread I think you want to make a dll but give it some  custom extension for matlab? I would guess an automatic  post-build step to rename or copy-rename would fix that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

The target extension is set

Jump to solution

The target extension is set by the project type when you set it up it is dll/exe/lib etc I don't see anyway of changing it. Do from your other thread I think you want to make a dll but give it some  custom extension for matlab? I would guess an automatic  post-build step to rename or copy-rename would fix that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Ok, so it is indeed proper to

Jump to solution

Ok, so it is indeed proper to the intel fortran integration for visual studio, thx for having confirmed it.

As I suggested in the other thread, of post build copy event does indeed the job.

0 Kudos