Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

The Fortran compiler (ifort.exe) cannot be found.

siyuliben
Beginner

Hi,

I installed Visual Studio 2019 (with the desktop C++ workload selected) and installed intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit (the newest version with Fortran compiler selected) to Visual Studio 2019.

Then I created a new project that prints 'Hello World'.

But the following error came out after I build the project.

Build started...
1>------ Build started: Project: Console1, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>The Fortran compiler (ifort.exe) cannot be found.
1>
1>Build log written to "file://H:\Console1\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Console1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alina_S_Intel
Employee

Yes,oneAPI HPC Toolkit requires oneAPI Base Toolkit: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-hpc-toolkit-system-requirements.html

Upgrades sometimes lead to integration issues. So, I would recommend uninstalling the previous version and after that install a new one.

If your issue is resolved, please mark the post containing the solution to help others. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Ry8ics
Beginner

After having downgraded the compiler I run into issues when trying to open an already existing project.

Ry8ics_3-1636898389654.png

I'm actually not sure if this problem is related. In any case what I did to have the project working again was to right-click and "reload project"

Ry8ics_4-1636898814023.png

Ry8ics_5-1636899191466.png

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@Ry8ics , Visual Studio doesn't think you have Fortran project support. Uninstall and reinstall the Fortran compiler.

0 Kudos