Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28523 Discussions

Transfer of project options from debug to release mode

rase
New Contributor I
I just changed my development environment for Intel C++/C and Fortran 12.1 from VS2005 to VS2010 (Windows 7 32 bit). In VS2010 and debug mode a large mixed project compiles, links and executes just fine. When I change to release mode I receive a host of strange error messages for C and Fortran modules. I assume that the compile options are different, which causes the error messages. My plan is to start with the debug mode option settings in release mode and change the options step by step to optimize the project. Is there a possibility to copy the option settings used in debug mode to release mode, e. g. by using a file?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You can do this in VS. Select Build > Configuration Manager. Under Active Solution Configuration, select Name your new configuration ("My Release" or something like that.) Under Copy Settings From select Debug. Now you can tweak this configuration as you want it, remembering to set the optimization level and disable run-time checking you don't want.

In the future, when you are changing project settings, select All Configurations when you make the edit.
0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I
Thanks, Steve, works fine.
0 Kudos