Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26729 Discussions

Trial version of ifort 18 requires license file even though I entered serial number

Braun__Jay
Beginner

I am in Day 2 of an Intel Fortran trial.  I was going to try building an old application with ifort 20, but ran into a link problem that I have documented as another topic.  The earliest version available is 18, and I once built the application using that, so I decided to give it a try.  I installed ifort 18 using my serial number, which was accepted.  But when I try to use the compiler, I am told that it can't find the license file.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

All licensing questions need to go through https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US  I am not sure how the trial versions work, but normally when you enter the serial number during install, it copies a license file onto your system.