Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Ubuntu 15.04 (64) not supported by Intel parallel studio XE 2016 update 2 for linux

Akhi_N_
Beginner

I am interested in installing trial version of Intel fortran and C compiler. But while installing using the CLI as well as GUI the programs fails at Prerequisites. For Ubuntu 15.04 which version should I use?

Regards,

Akhi

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If it's simply a question of your Ubuntu being newer than the ones available for testing at the time the ifort release was prepared, try accepting the unsupported installation. If it's failing 32-bit mode installation on account of you not having a full 32-bit g++ installation, don't install for ia32 mode.  You will need the 64-bit Ubuntu g++ development mode installation.   If it's more than this, check which prerequisites are missing and show us.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ubuntu 15.04 is supported by the version of Intel Parallel Studio XE you installed. Please provide the information Tim asks for - show us the error messages during installation.

0 Kudos
Akhi_N_
Beginner

Thank you Tim P. Sir And Steve Sir for your prompt reply,

I Could Install the compiler package successfully ignoring the optional prerequisites. But even after initialization using "psxevars.sh " I get ifort command not found error.

0 Kudos
Akhi_N_
Beginner
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you are running tcsh or csh, the command for 64-bit compiler setup would be

source compilervars.csh intel64

The '.' in the docs is the bash abbreviation for 'source'

0 Kudos
Akhi_N_
Beginner

Thank you Sir, I could successfully install the compilers.

0 Kudos