Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Unable to connect unless connected to the Internet

Jason_W_2
Beginner

Good day

I am student at the University of Regina in Canada and given a licence because of my student status. I type my codes in Visual Studio and the Intel Fortran compiler for execution. I notice however I am not able to use the Fortran Compiler unless I am connected to the Internet and in particular, my school's network. Is this the case?

I see the two following errors when I am compiling:

Error        Error A license for Comp-FW is not available (-9,57).      
Error        error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license    

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

That is a characteristic of the floating license, which requires token checkout from your organization's license server, so as to enforce the limit on number of simultaneous invocations.  You could buy an individual student license which would not be subject to this restriction.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As Tim says, a floating license would cause this behavior. It could be that your school gave you a serial number for a floating license rather than a classroom or individual student license. Please talk to your instructor or school IT department to see if that is the case. We do offer free student licenses that don't require a network connection to be active during use.

0 Kudos
Jason_W_2
Beginner

Thanks for the feedback. Will work on this

0 Kudos