Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Unable to start program

Ibrahim_A_
Novice

Hi,

I often get the error message attached when I try to run an exe file that is calling a dll module in the debug mode. The exe file is located in the specified directory and sometimes it works when I keep cleaning the solution and building. I have to restart VS every time I build the project in order to overcome the issue. Help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I have not found any solid information about what might be the cause. I see reports in other forums (non-Fortran) but nothing that offers a concrete solution. I don’t know whether you see this with non-Fortran solutions too. I don’t know if un-installing/re-installing both VS and Parallel Studio XE would help or not. I don’t know whether any VS2015 updates (if available) would help either.

Here's your image for others to see.

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_A_
Novice

The issue has been resolved. The solution in VS 2015 is to go to Menu>Tools>Options>Debugging>General and uncheck Use Managed Compatibility Mode and Use Native Compatibility Mode. The project runs properly now.

Thanks

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that. Thank you for posting the solution.

0 Kudos