Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Unable to useIntel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Professional Edition for Fortran Windows

Animesh_D_
Beginner

This morning I was applying Intel PSE 2016 - Update 3. However, during the update process, I got an error message as shown in Page-1 of  the attached file. I also cannot create a new Fortran project from within Visual Studio, there are no templates available - Please refer to Page-2 of the attached file. And Finally,  I cannot use any of my existing Fortran projects in Visual Studio - Please refer to Page-3 of the attached file.

Essentially I am stuck dead without any recourse to edit or create new fortran projects. I would very much appreciate your prompt help in getting me back to working again. Thank you very much for your help.

Animesh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Curious - I didn't think we had released Update 3 yet. I wonder what happened...

I suggest that you uninstall Intel Parallel Studio XE, delete the "Intel Fortran" folder from each of your Microsoft Visual Studio x.x folders, and reinstall Update 2. I will make further inquiries in the morning.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

For what it;s worth, I just installed Update 3 (Composer Edition) and it works fine. I may have missed the announcement of Update 3 - I still thought it was a few weeks away. Checking...

My advice still holds.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I have now installed Update 3 of the Cluster Edition on two systems without problems. Uninstalling, removing the Intel Fortran subfolder and reinstalling (go ahead and use Update 3) is the thing to do.

Also, Update 3 really was released - my error.

0 Kudos
Animesh_D_
Beginner

Unfortunately, my problem still persists.

Per your suggestion, I uninstalled all previous installations and sequentially started re-installing and applying the updates. It is quite time consuming. Everything seemed to going well until Update-1. However, I ran into the same error while applying Update-2. So now I have uninstall and start all over again.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There's no reason to install them sequentially, unless you want to keep access to all the updates. Just install the latest one.

You might also try selecting Customize on the last screen before the install starts and deselecting everything except the compiler. See if that installs. Then you can do a Change to add other components you want.

0 Kudos