Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Update 3 for XE 2016

Simon_Geard
New Contributor I

My 'Intel Software Manager' has announced this morning that this update is available for download but I can't find any information about what has changed from Update 2. Could someone please post a link. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Simon_Geard
New Contributor I

Thank you for your prompt reply but neither of there help. The first one just says

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 is now supported
  • Corrections to reported problems
  • Documentation updates

with no link to which problems were actually fixed. The second one is a lists of DPD numbers for C,C++ and Fortran which was posted on August 21st last year so it's possible that the list contains the information I'm looking for but I've no idea which ones are particular to update 3. Also the descriptions aren't necessarily very helpful, 'internal compiler error' doesn't really tell me very much.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The Fixes List groups bug fixes by Update #s (in reverse order by the Update #). Yes, some titles are not helpful. If there is a particular defect of interest we could perhaps provide some additional details. For issues reported in the forum, the related forum post can usually be found by searching on the internal DPD number. The defect list does not distinguish whether the issue was reported via the Forum, Intel Premier, or internally.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

ism hasn't been cooperating on my Windows 8.1 and 10 installations, so I took advantage of the new 800KB/sec intel download sites and grabbed the full installers.

Although I left the default setting which said update 2 would be deleted, that did not happen on Win8.1, so I'm going through the remove from extracted update 2 Download to clean up the windows install records.  I had already done that for update 0 but it remains present and working although no longer registered in Windows.

0 Kudos