Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Update XE to Version 2

Ralf
Beginner
Hi there,
I saw there is an 'update 2' available - I am currently using Fortran XE2011 Update 1 (12.0.3470.2010).
1) is Update 2 recommended?
2) if so, how to proceed? There is the 472MB Visual Fortran file (I have VS2010) - has this to be installed over the previous version> Should the previous version be de-installed?
3) Any negative (or positive) experiences from users?
Thanks a lot
-Ralf
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You can leave the previous version installed, or give the OK to the installer to replace it. Side-by-side installation has a bug in that you don't have intended access to the older one, so you may as well remove the previous version first. There is a work-around posted but it seems to be for linux only.
I think this was mostly a bug fix release, so for the most part you should see better stability. I have seen a few myself like the places where END DO was working but not ENDDO, and some fixing of missed vectorization cases.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Update 2 is recommended. If it asks if you want to replace Update 1, say yes, unless you have a reason to keep them both installed.
0 Kudos