Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Upgraded to 12.0 and now programs stop with 0xc000007b error

lrobison_arl
Beginner
We recently upgraded our Fortran compiler to version 12.0 from version 11 and now I'm having difficulty with a number of the programs I'm building. I have a single Solution file in VS2008, which creates six different executables, each of which is compiling without complaint. Five of these exectuables will not open and windows displays "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." The one program that runs has identical compile and link lines to one of the programs that fails.

From what I've read on this forum the 7b error is often caused by either Visual C++ library problems or x32 vs x64 linking errors. I'm no windows linking expert, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so I've attached the depends.exe output from the working and most-similar non-working program. to see if any of you can determine what I'm missing. I'm working on trying to get IT to reinstall the VC++ libraries to see if that might also fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Luke

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Please attach build log files from one of the problematic EXE builds.
0 Kudos
lrobison_arl
Beginner
I have also finished installing the Visual Studio Redistributable libraries for x86 and the problem persists.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Please check to see if your %PATH% contains as a component a directory containing 32-bit DLLs followed by a directory containing 64-bit DLLs with the same name, e.g., LIBCMT.DLL.

If you find such a path, that would explain the error message; your application needs 64-bit DLLs, but one or more (incompatible) 32-bit DLLs are being found first on the path.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That isn't a problem - 64-bit Windows knows to skip over 32-bit DLLs in PATH.

Since you built the program as a 64-bit program, please install the 64-bit redistributables for Visual C++ 2005. I assume you are running this program on a different system than the one you built it on?
0 Kudos
lrobison_arl
Beginner
That isn't a problem - 64-bit Windows knows to skip over 32-bit DLLs in PATH.

Since you built the program as a 64-bit program, please install the 64-bit redistributables for Visual C++ 2005. I assume you are running this program on a different system than the one you built it on?

No, I'm running it on the same computer as I compiled it on: x64 Windows 7. I will ensure that the 64-bit redistributables are installed though just in case.

0 Kudos
lrobison_arl
Beginner
I've installed the Visual C++ 2010 x64 version of the redistributables. Still no luck.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The data you showed indicated you need VS2005 redistributables.
0 Kudos
lrobison_arl
Beginner
I've now installed the VS2005 x64 redistributables as well, with no change.

I did notice that I can revert to an older copy of my .exe's that were compiled before I upgraded IVF and they seem to run fine. It is only after I recompile that the .exe fails to run.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please submit an issue to Intel Premier Support and attach a ZIP of your project plus the good and bad EXEs. We'll be glad to take a look.
0 Kudos
lrobison_arl
Beginner
Thank you, I have submitted the issue. I have determined that the problem only occurs when I link against the latest HDF4.2.6 library, so I will be following up with the HDF Group as well.
0 Kudos