Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28630 Discussions

Using functions from different projects but in the same solution

Marr__David
Beginner
Hello, I have many intel fortran projects in a single solution (windows 7, vb.net 2010)and am creating a new project within this solution. I would like to be able to access the functions within a .for file in another project but cannot figure out how to do so. Is this possible? Adding the project that includes the required function as a dependency did not work nor did adding a path to my list of "Include Directories". If a dll is required, I'll just create a stand alone project and copy the files to the new solution/project but I'd rather keep enerything in a single solution.

Thanks very much
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
David,

Typically you would create a static library project for functions that are to be common to multiple projects. Then make that library project a dependent of one or more executable projects.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
David,

Typically you would create a static library project for functions that are to be common to multiple projects. Then make that library project a dependent of one or more executable projects.
0 Kudos