Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

VB and File I/O in CVF.DLL

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I'm trying to do elementary file I/O (Inquire,Open,Close) from a CVF DLL called from Visual Basic.

The Visual Basic can't locate the DLL. When I comment out the Inquire and Open and Close statements, VB finds the DLL and executes other calls just fine. When I only try to execute the INQUIRE statement, the VB app can't find the CVF DLL.

Is there a module I need to include in the CVF DLL so that file access routines are possible ?

VB 6.0 (SP5)
CVF Prof.Ed 6.6a

Thanks again,
Cliff Phares
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Tell me if the following additional things are also true:

1. You are using this DLL on a system where CVF is not installed.
2. You built the DLL in a Debug configuration.

If #1 is true, you need to download and run the CVF Run-time Redistributables package as described here

If #2 is also true, you need to rebuild the DLL in a "Release" configuration, or at least specify that non-debug run-time libraries should be used (Project..settings..libraries..use run-time library)

What's happening, I conjecture, is that your DLL with the I/O statements needs to have the CVF run-time DLLs present, and they aren't. In the case #2 above, the debug DLLs are not redistributable.

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Thanks for you help Steve.

Case 2 was correct. I built the release version and my
Inquire/Open/Close problems went away.

Thank you again,
Cliff
0 Kudos