Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

VS 2022 Preview and Latest Fortran

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The latest Fortran integrates with the VS 2022 Preview community and appears to run.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I have a large Fortran program that I measure the run time, it has been steady at about 900 seconds, with the latest IFX and VS 2022 preview it is running at about 725 seconds.  

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Now I know why there is no mention of this in the release notes.  You cannot inspect variables in debug mode.  

Well at least they must be getting closer.  I wish this team of fine Intel Fortran Compiler Developers well.  

main.jpg

I had to teach a survey class at short notice, like 2 weeks. The big hurricane had been through Louisiana and all the spare instruments in Texas were rented out, I could get one electronic theodolite for 120 students.  I go over to pick it up and the guy has a museum on this wall of old instruments - see above, I say I want to rent those, he says not for rent, I say I will give you 500 a week for those four, he gets them off the wall. 

Such is life. 

0 Kudos