Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

VS Community 2015 installation failure

robberman
Beginner

Can someone please look at the attached installation log and see if they get a clue why I cannot re-install VS Community 2015.

It did install the first time, but I removed and tried to reinstall it in order to get the Visual fortran compiler options working properly.

Thanks very much.

Rob

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Robberman

From the log it has below message:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected."

Have you tried restart you system before reinstall? It seems the system still thinks the uninstall or install is completed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
robberman
Beginner

Thanks, Yolanda. 

Yes, I've restarted numerous times. Same result.

Any other ideas? Thansk.

Rob

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
robberman
Beginner

Thanks, Yolanda. I'll give that a try.

Rob

0 Kudos
robberman
Beginner

When I open Windows Installer it does not give me the automatic option, and it doesn't run.

I also just noticed that it cannot un-install Microsoft SDK 8.1, which I installed to see if VS 2013 shell would work with fortran compiler. It did, but did not support visual debugger. The error message says "unable to verify integrity of downloaded content"

Any ideas on how to uninstall it, or what else might be wrong. I'm starting to think I need to wipe hard drive clean but of course I would hate to have to do this!

Thanks.

Rob

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Rob

What's your operating system? Or you might escalate in the Microsoft Community for an answer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos