Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

VS Editor "Auto List Members"

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

andrew_4619_0-1714128979168.png

In the latest Fortran (In VS2022)  the Auto list Members feature has come to my attention because it has been irritating me. I do not know if it is a new feature, a modified feature or a features where the default has gone from unticked to ticked, maybe someone could clarify?  

I can see it is a useful  feature but what is irritating is that when autocompleting surely it should respect the case the user is using i.e. if I am typing in lowercase it autocompletes in UPPERCASE irrespective! I am sure some people love their uppercase FORTRAN  but I think many do not, it is no longer 1977. The solution is to untick it however a **feature request** is that is that it respects the case of the user typing that invokes it. Or maybe some other setting does that already??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andreas_Z_
New Contributor I

I have had the same experience recently and have disabled this statement completion feature in VS2022 out of annoyance. I note that the uppercase notation is only there for Fortran intrinsics, such as functions SUM, ALLOCATED, but not for keywords like allocate or module, which are completed in lowercase notation.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

....also things like .AND. and .OR. get uppcased.

0 Kudos