Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

VS Installer

gfthomas8
Novice
The VS Installer is an MS freebie for installing applications on machines that have the Windows Installer. It's a cheap alternative to costly commercial installers although it lacks some of their more extraneous bells and whistles.

Do a search on MSDN for 'VS installer' to get the gen on it.

HTH,
Gerry T.
7 Replies
durisinm
Novice
I searched MSDN and found lots of information about the VS Installer, but I didn't find out how to install it.

I am running Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 with SP6. I followed the instructions for starting the VS Installer package, but it doesn't show up in my menus.

Do I need to install something, or should it already be there? Is it hiding somehow, waiting to be activated?

Mike
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
On installation it creates a Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 program group.
Click on Add/Remove Programs: it should be listed as Microsoft Visual Studio Installer.
All this assumes Win2K/XP which comes with the Windows Installer. If not you'll have to install it also on WinNT/xx.

HTH,
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I'm looking for this on a Windows 2000 Pro system.

My Add/Remove Programs control panel doesn't list an entry for VS Installer. I reviewed all the components for Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition and couldn't find a VS Installer component. I looked especially hard at the Enterprise Tools and Tools components and their subcomponents, but I couldn't find it.

I'm missing something somewhere. Do you know what it is?

Mike
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
I don't have an explanation.
I started here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/tools/vsi11/default.asp
You'll endup with setup1, setup2, and setup in the same folder. Run setup.

HTH,
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
ps

First run setup1 and setup2 to extract sundry files, then run setup.

Hope this works!
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
rahzan
Novice
Check out this.
For MANY setups u can't beat this and it's free

http://www.nitrobit.com/NitroSetup.htm

TimH
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I think this is just what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Mike
0 Kudos