Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

Variables/arguments declared with class don't show correctly in the debugger

thomas_boehme
New Contributor II

The content of types that are declared using "class" instead of "type" (e.g. in type bound procedures) does notshow correctly in the debugger (VS2008).

In the attached example code, the debugger shows B%val as 1.67....e-313instead of the expected 27.23.
The write statement works fine though and output 27.23 as expected.

Replacing class by type does correct the problem. However, doing this is not possible in type bound procedures.

Seeing all the problems I have foundin V11.1.035 so far, I do get the impression thatV11.1.035 shouldhave never been released as astable build.In my opinion,V11.1.035 should have been a (public)beta version as many of the new features don't work reliably enough for production environments. This is very unfortunate though, as I would really like to use the OO-features in some of our project.

Best regards,
Thomas

[plain]program TestClasses
    implicit none 
    type :: tClass
    real(8)     :: val = 27.23
    end type     
    class (tClass),allocatable :: B
    ALLOCATE(tClass::B)
    WRITE (*,*) B%Val
    end program TestClasses[/plain]

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Thomas,

Thanks, I'll have this looked into.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Issue ID is DPD200138089.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This issue has been fixed in our sources - the fix will appear in a future update.
0 Kudos
jond
Novice
Hi Steve,
I am experiencing the same problem with IVF 11.1.46. Is this supposed to be fixed for 11.1.46 or will it be fixed in a later compiler release. I am using VS2005 with Windows XP.
Thanks,
Jon
0 Kudos
rogcar
Beginner
Quoting - jond
Hi Steve,
I am experiencing the same problem with IVF 11.1.46. Is this supposed to be fixed for 11.1.46 or will it be fixed in a later compiler release. I am using VS2005 with Windows XP.
Thanks,
Jon

Hello jond

It was not fixed yet, but, asSteve said, it will be fixed in a future release. I'm also trying to use some OO features, and getting the same errors.

Roger
0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Also, we discovered recently (too recent to make the next update) that CLASS objects that are dummy arguments do not display correctly.

We hope to fix that for a later update.

- Lorri
0 Kudos