Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Visual Fortran Comp XE 2011 - no longer required

Pisula__Rafal
Beginner

I have this software on DVD, which I purchased back in 2012. Now no longer required, but as it may be of value to someone who would be happy with older software version, I would like to pass it on, once I have removed all copies from my lap / desk top pcs.  Can I just give it away, so that new owner can just install it and off they go? Or are there complications given that I have registered it, I have both activation and unlock codes.  Or will I need to pass on a copy of the .lic  file with the disk?  Thanks in advance !

Rafal

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Transfer of license is specified in section 3.6 of https://software.intel.com/en-us/license/eula-for-intel-software-development-products - I note that it is rather restrictive regarding the conditions when this is allowed. I'll note that the license is typically registered to you personally at the Intel Registration Center, and there are limits on the number of installs allowed.

0 Kudos
Pisula__Rafal
Beginner

Many thanks Steve - I tend to avoid EULAs / small print ordinarily - unless I really have to read them!  My reading of it suggests that only route for transfer is via a business to business transfer. As I'm not a business, best if I just hold on to it I reckon. Best wishes, Rafal.

0 Kudos