Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28636 Discussions

Visual Fortran Editor Customizing

tdlwalker
Beginner
I want to customize the CVF editor so that it automatically capitalizes Fortran keywords. Any idea how to do this? Has anyone done it and would share their methods?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
To make editor "Auto-correcting" the keywords (like Word does) would be a huge effort, if possible at all. However, you could easily record a Find/Replace macro (i.e. Replace "if" with "IF", match whole word, replace all, and so on for all keywords) and assign it a key combination. If you'll do it that way, note that it would be easier to record the macro for one keyword and then edit it in Macro editor to fill the list. Of course, the obvious disadvantage is that it will replace IFs & DOs in literal strings as well.

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
tdlwalker
Beginner
It works like a champ! Thanks. Would anybody be interested in the macro when it is finished?
0 Kudos
gkchang
Beginner
This kind of VS Macro is definitely very useful. I'll be be interested when it's done. Also, "adding Fortran comments" and "removing Fortran comments" will be very handy, too.

-George
0 Kudos