Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28487 Discussions

Want latest compiler installed in VS2010 but not VS2005

Stephen_Painchaud
I would like to update IVF in VS2010, but I dont want to update from IVF 11.x installed in VS2005. I am at the custom install window for IVF 12.1, and I don't see an option to keep the installation out of VS2005.

I have old projects that use VS2005 with IVF 11.x, and I must leave them that way.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I think this will work.

Save a copy of the Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Intel Fortran folder.
Install the new version.
Copy the saved folder back
Run the repair program attached (run as administrator on Vista and Win7)
0 Kudos
Stephen_Painchaud
Thanks. I will give it a try.

Update:
Well it turned out not to be a problem. The next page in the install wizard (after the custom setup page) allowed me to turn off integration with VS2005. I had been afraid to hit that next button, because I wrongly thought the installation would start.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You may find that this removes the VS2005 integration.
0 Kudos
Stephen_Painchaud
It did remove the VS2005 integration. I will have to reinstall. I guess I will try to repair the installation.

It would be nice if the installer could support these options, or I will have this problem every time I want to update IVF in my latest Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You won't have the problem once the next major version comes out later this year, as it will ignore VS2005.
0 Kudos