Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Webinar December 4 - Fortran Standard Features for Parallel Programming

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I will be presenting a webinar on Fortran standard features for parallel programming, Tuesday, December 4, from 9-10AM Pacific Time. Registration link is https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/859867737

Fortran programmers have been doing parallel processing for many years using methods outside the Fortran standard such as auto-parallelization, OpenMP* and MPI.  Fortran 2008, approved as an international standard in late 2010, brought parallel programming into the language for the first time with, not one, but two language features!  In this article I will give a brief overview of these two new features, DO CONCURRENT and coarrays; both supported in Intel Fortran Composer XE.

FREE BOOK FOR ATTENDING THE WEBINAR:

Sign up and attend a webinar and receive a free book.  You can choose either book:

Parallel Programming with Intel Parallel Studio XE by Stephen Blair-Chappell and Andrew Stokes
This teach-yourself tutorial is an ideal starting point for developers who already know Windows C and C++ and are eager to add parallelism to their code.

Structured Parallel Programming: Patterns for Efficient Computation by Michael McCool, James Reinders and Arch Robison
Parallel computing experts and industry insiders Michael McCool, Arch Robison, and James Reinders describe how to design and implement maintainable and efficient parallel algorithms using a pattern-based approach.

(One free book per person for the entire webinar series)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I have posted the slides from the webinar as well as a Q+A here.
0 Kudos