Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

What Product to buy?

nherscovici
Beginner

Hello,

I appologize if this is not the right forum. I googled other place with no definite answer to my question.

In the past, I used the Compaq Visual Fortran Compiler on 32 bit machines (with the Visual Studio 6 IDE/debugger).

I need to purchase a similar product to work on a Windows 7 64 bit machine (that also has an IDE/Debugger)

I have Visual Studio 2008 and I also need parallel computation capabilities.

I must confess that I am a bit confused when I read the descriptions of the INTEL Visual Fortran products

Please advice.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There's actually only one Windows Fortran compiler product, which relies on Visual Studio for IDE/debugger. Your choices, depending on your situation, may be academic vs. commercial license, and whether you want one of the bundles which include Intel C/C++ (with its additional parallel libraries) and possibly Parallel Studio or MPI.
The basic Fortran includes OpenMP and auto-parallel, and MKL performance library, which already covers the basic requirements for parallel development on a single node, and works together with the OpenMP in the C/C++ compiler of Visual Studio.
As you've already chosen VS2008, you don't care whether you get the VS2008 shell.
There's a decoder page on several of the compiler products (not covering the Cluster Studio which give you MPI and C++).
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a duplicate post - please see the original thread.
0 Kudos
Penwadee_C_
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam 

Now, i am a researcher of the university and I would like to buy Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux for using with my research. I found 'the Intel Parallel Studio XE composer edition for Fortran Linux - Named user academic for 3 years' which the price is about 899$. I have 3 questions: 

1) Currently, I have used the trial version and it will be expired in the end of this month. If i buy the license, should i have to install the program again or can i keep going use the program just insert the serial number?. 

2) How should i buy this program? It does not have the retailer in Thailand. 

3) Do I have to pay some extra for service or updated the version, in case of there have the new version within 3 years.

Thank you for your answer

Sincerely,  

Penwadee C. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Penwadee,

You asked about the Linux product - this forum is for Windows, but I can answer anyway.

1) You do not have to reinstall. You can use the Intel Software Manager to register the license, or you can get the license file (.lic file type) from when you registered the serial number and save the file in the /opt/intel/licenses folder.

2) You can buy from a reseller in another country that ships to Thailand - many of them will. Look at the list in https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-software-products-resellers

3) No. If you buy a license for 3 years, you can download and install any new update or version released in the three years after purchase at no additional charge. You also get full tech support from Intel for that period.

0 Kudos