Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

Where to find the VS 2013 SHELL executable

wei_t_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a DELL workstation running Win 7 Professional.

I downloaded the Intel Parallel Studio Composer XE 2016 with student license. Previously I have MS VS 2013 Express and VS 2013 SHELL (Integrated) installed. After installing Parallel Studio XE 2016, I found the FORTRAN compiler is not integrated into the VS 2013 SHELL.

After millions of install and uninstall, I figured out it is not going to work. Luckily, I found this link https://software.intel.com/en-us/vs2013shell-windowssdk

Then I simply uninstalled VS 2013 and VS 2013 SHELL. Then Installed Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 8.1. After that, I installed the Parallel Studio Composer  XE 2016 again.

But when I go to "start" and type "visual studio", "vs","vc.exe", nothing came out. Who can tell me how to launch the VS 2013 SHELL in order to work on the FORTRAN project? Or, did i do something wrong in installation?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The student license does not include VS2013 Shell. I recommend installing VS2015 Community Edition - make sure you select a custom install and select the option for Languages > C++. Then reinstall (or "Modify" the install of) Intel Parallel Studio XE. Intel Visual Fortran does not work with the VS2013 Shell you download separately from Microsoft.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The student license does not include VS2013 Shell. I recommend installing VS2015 Community Edition - make sure you select a custom install and select the option for Languages > C++. Then reinstall (or "Modify" the install of) Intel Parallel Studio XE. Intel Visual Fortran does not work with the VS2013 Shell you download separately from Microsoft.

0 Kudos
wei_t_
Beginner

Hi Steve,

You are right. It works like a charm. As a comment, if using Windows SDK 8.1 with Intel Parallel Studio, it works. BUT, the SHELL is going to be in Professional version. Without buying a license from Microsoft, it can just use as trial for up to 30 days.

0 Kudos