Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28494 Discussions

Which Intel Fortran Compiler is compatible with Visual Studio 2005?

mloftis2
Beginner

I would like to know what versions of the Intel Fortran compiler are compatible with MS Visual Studio 2005.

I have Intel Fortran 8.1 compiler installed with MS Visual Studio .Net 2003. I have now upgraded to MS Visual Studio 2005.

I migrated project files from VS.Net 2003 to VS2005 using the migration wizard. For projects which contained c and fortran project files, VS 2005 did not recognize the vfproj files. It generated the error, "Make sure the application for the project type (.vfproj) is installed. See attached.

I then uninstalled the IntelFortran 8.1 compiler and re-installed it. I still have the same error. Upon further inspection of the Add/Remove Programs->Intel Fortran->Modify options, VS 2005 is not listed as an integration module. Only VS C++ .Net 2002 and 2003 are listed.

Is there a way to associate Intel Fortran 8.1 compiler with VS 2005 or is a new Intel Fortran Compiler required? If so, what version?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Did you try the search button? My too short answer is ifort 9.1 or newer should work with VS2005, after you go through all the service packs, but VS2008 is worth the trouble, if you are willing to use a current compiler, even if you don't succeed with all service packs.

0 Kudos