Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Which compile options to use (so others can run the EXE)

GWats1
New Contributor I

I got a program to compile and sent the EXE to a friend and when he tried to run it, an error pops up saying libifcoremd.dll is missing and to try reinstalling. I had a similar problem a while back and it turned out I had to select a different library.  I'll try to put in a screen shot of the options.

which one to select

Any ideas on which of the library options would be best when sending an EXE to someone?  He said something about he statically links their windows programs.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The recommended solution is to have the end-user install our redistributables. But you can set the project property Fortran > Libraries > Use runtime library to "Multithreaded" (not "Multithread DLL"). Be sure to build a Release configuration.

0 Kudos
GWats1
New Contributor I

There was a Debug Multithreaded that had /libs:static in the title so I was wondering if that one would work. I did pick the Multithreaded and when I went to rebuild the project I got some error and I copied the text:

EDIT-- I think the EXE built looking at the time but I'm not sure about the manifest error.

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Suppression State

Error

general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "d:\PLS\baseplate\XMLreader\Release\XML_test.exe". The operation failed.

mt.exe

0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I

I am looking for a document telling me which extra files I should include in the self-executing install file when I plan to transfer a mixed Fortran/C exe to another computer without Intel compilers installed. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The manifest error is normally your anti-virus blocking the exe being added to. Set an exception in your AV for the build folder. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

rase, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intelr-composer-redistributable-libraries-by-version  You may also need the Visual C++ redistributables for the version of Visual Studio you are using.

Sometimes that "manifest" problem is caused by the executable still running in another process.

I do not recommend using "Debug" libraries when distributing a program to others.

0 Kudos
GWats1
New Contributor I

Many thanks for the tips.  I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I found a place to exclude the folder that the build takes place in. I re-ran the rebuild solution and the error went away and I got a good build.

0 Kudos