Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Which redistributable library includes the files ibifcoremd.dll and libifportmd.dll?

Matthew_Carney
Beginner

I compiled a Fortran program using the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer, and it runs fine on my Windows 7 machine.  The executable was compiled as a 64-bit program.

However, if I copy the executable to other machines that do not have the Fortran compiler (Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer), the program does not run.  I have tried this on Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.  Both machines indicate that the files ibifcoremd.dll, libifportmd.dll, and libmmd.dll are missing.  To fix this, I tried installing the redistributable libraries from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributables-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016-composer-edition-for-windows.  However, while this package includes one of the missing files (libmmd.dll), it does not include the other two.  I tried installing several other versions of the redistributable libraries, but none of them contained the two missing files.  Which redistributable library includes the files ibifcoremd.dll and libifportmd.dll?

In all cases, I have chosen to work with the 64-bit redistributable libraries, since my program was compiled as 64-bit.

So far, the only way I have been able to get the program to work on another machine is to copy and paste the ibifcoremd.dll and libifportmd.dll files into the hard drive folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\compiler\

Is there a better solution?  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I opened the first redist installer that I found on my system (ww_ifort_redist_ia32_2017.4.210.msi) in 7-zip. All the dll's you mention are in it. I think your problem is the install have not worked correctly. If you open a cmd window is the path set correctly?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Sometimes I have found, after installing the redistributables package, it is necessary to log out and in again for the PATH updates to take effect. This is not specific to the Intel installer - I see it with other installs as well. But as Andrew says, if libmmd is there, the others should be as well.

0 Kudos
JVanB
Valued Contributor II

Steve, have you ever tried restarting Windows Explorer instead of logging out and back in?  Sometimes that works in similar situations.  Hit <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> and select Task Manager, then under the Processes tab scroll down to Windows Explorer, select it and click on the Restart button.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, don't think I ever tried that. Explorer is independent of the system environment variable setup, as far as I know.

0 Kudos
Matthew_Carney
Beginner

Hi Andrew, Steve -

Thanks very much for the helpful responses.  I've resolved the problem and am embarrassed to admit that it was a case of user error.  I had installed the wrong set of redistributable libraries.  Once I corrected this, the program ran fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Matt

0 Kudos