Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Windows Compute Cluster Server

dlemmon1
Beginner
Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 is now in beta. Does IVF have plans to support this platform? I imagine it's just a matter of compiling for win64 and supporting the MS-MPI libraries.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We're asking ourselves the same question. I had wondered if there was anyone interested in it. Offhand, I don't see why our existing EM64T compilers should not work under Windows CCE, but we'll obviously have to test it in-house. I'm unfamiliar with the MPI library they are using and will have to see if it requires a unique set of interfaces or if one can use standard MPI code with it.

Anyone else considering using Windows CCE?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
We have customers successfully supporting applications with CCS and ifort, on both Xeon and Opteron. Up to now, we have not been permitted to help with minor issues, due to pre-release restrictions placed on it by Microsoft. It appears to be fairly standard mpich-2, at least where there is commonality between mpich-1 and mpich-2.
0 Kudos