Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Wrong constructor for extended type

Daniel_Dopico
Novice

The code below gives the following error: "error #6593: The number of expressions in a structure constructor differs from the number of components of the derived type.   [TYPERESTRIC_UNITVECT]", but according to me the code should be correct.

PROGRAM wrong_constructor
    IMPLICIT NONE

TYPE VECTOR
	    REAL(8),POINTER,DIMENSION(:)::rpt=>null(),rptp=>null(),rpts=>null()
    END TYPE VECTOR

TYPE,ABSTRACT::typerestric
        INTEGER:: ir = -1
        INTEGER numrestrics
	    REAL(8)::penaltycoef_rel=1.d0
    END TYPE typerestric

TYPE,EXTENDS(typerestric)::typerestric_unitvect
        TYPE(VECTOR),POINTER:: u
    END TYPE typerestric_unitvect

TYPE(VECTOR),TARGET::u
    TYPE(typerestric_unitvect) RS

RS=typerestric_unitvect(ir=1,numrestrics=1,penaltycoef_rel=1.d0,u=u)

END PROGRAM wrong_constructor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The compiler seems to get confused by the two uses of "u" in the constructor. If I rename the variable to "u2" it works.  Please submit this in a bug report to Intel.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The compiler seems to get confused by the two uses of "u" in the constructor. If I rename the variable to "u2" it works.  Please submit this in a bug report to Intel.

View solution in original post

Daniel_Dopico
Novice

Thank you very much, Steve, I didn't notice this. Moreover, it happens only with extended types, if all the variables are defined in the type without extension, the bug dissapears too.

Daniel_Dopico
Novice

Steve Lionel (Ret.) (Blackbelt) wrote:

Done.

Devorah_H_Intel

Thank you for your report. I have escalated this issue to our compiler engineering.

Daniel_Dopico
Novice

Thank you Devorah.

Ron_Green

this issue was fixed in PSXE 2020 Update 2, compilers 19.1.2