Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ask for tutorials

renyi_x_
Beginner

I have installed Intel Fortran compiler xe 2013 for mac osx in 10.8.4 with xcode 4.6.3 and the command line tools have installed, too.

I don't know how to build fortran files in xcode.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The compiler documentation under Getting Started has a large section on using Xcode. You can read it online here.

0 Kudos
renyi_x_
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

The compiler documentation under Getting Started has a large section on using Xcode. You can read it online here.

thank u very much.

Does ifort xe 2013 for mac support parallel computation based on openmp and how to operate?

0 Kudos
renyi_x_
Beginner

how to download this documentation ?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The documentation is installed as part of the product - you don't need to download it. Look in /opt/intel/composerxe/Documentation . Yes, OpenMP is supported. At a minimum you need to build with the -openmp option. Our documentation describes the various OpenMP directives and routines, but we don't teach you how to use OpenMP. For that you'd need a separate tutorial, though openmp.org has some.

0 Kudos
renyi_x_
Beginner

I mean how to configure  xcode to make openmp available

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

In Xcode, there is no explicit option in the compiler settings for OpenMP - you'll have to add -openmp manually to the list of additional options used. Also, I note that the documentation says:

"On OS X* systems, when you enable OpenMP* API, you must also set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable within Xcode* or an error will be displayed."

Someone more familiar with Xcode than I will need to tell you how to do that.

0 Kudos