Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort**

Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

So it is *possible* that I do not correctly understand the semantics of allocatable function results, allocatable scalars, allocatable derived type components, and overloaded assignment and binary operators, but more on this in another post. While compiling the attached code as:

[bash]$ ifort -warn -c -stand f08 -fpp -assume realloc_lhs stringhelper.F90[/bash]

I got the following error:

[plain]

stringhelper.F90(125): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for stringhelper.F90 (code 1)

[/plain]

Now if I comment out the procedure surrounding line 125 and the associated derived type bindings and operator overloading the problem goes away. I have yet to test this code for correct behavior/bugs.

You guys have any QA openings? I'm graduating soonish ;-)

-Z

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

One further note: If I replace the call to the function ConcatChars on line 125 with an overloaded concatenation operator (which will resolve to that function) it still fails. However, since, I have access to the type components from the module procedures/TBPs if I replace the function call with the intrinsic concatenation operator there is no longer any catastrophic error. The -assume reallocate_lhs or -standard-semantics flags will ensure that the res%string component has the correct character length.

0 Kudos
Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I

Hi Z,

I need the kinds_m module in order to compile this program. What types are WP and WI?

Annalee

0 Kudos
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Sorry I neglected to add it in my original post, I have attached it here. WP is double precision and WI is just default integer.

0 Kudos
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Sorry I neglected to add it in my original post, I have attached it here. WP is double precision and WI is just default integer.

0 Kudos
Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I

Thanks, I have escalated this to the developers. The issue number is DPD200244314. I will post any updates to this thread.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Izaak,

This issue has been fixed, I'll set this status to closed.

thanks for sending this to us!

ron

0 Kudos
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Which release fixed it?

0 Kudos