Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

compatibility

Chris_H_3
Beginner

The Compatibility of Intel Compiler for OS X and Xcode indicates Intel Composer XE 2013 SP1 is not compatible with OS X version 10.10.  Really?  This software is 2 years old and cannot be used anymore?  Please let me know.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If Apple changes OSX without sharing details with other companies who develop software for OSX, which it is known to do, problems such as yours are to be expected.

Did you try the latest revision of XE 2013 SP1? Are you able to upgrade to a later version of the compiler?

0 Kudos
Chris_H_3
Beginner

I only have the XE 2013 SP1 update 1 disk handy.  Running the install gives the message 'XE 2013 SP1 Update 1 for OS X can't be installed on this disk.  Only 10.8 or higher OS versions are supported.'  I have 10.10.3 (Yosemite).  My xcode is version 6.3.1.  Could that be throwing the installer off?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The release notes give the supported OS and XCode versions. 10.10 is not supported by the XE 2013 SP1 product. I agree that the message is misleading. OS X is the worst offender at creating incompatibilities with new versions, and I had thought Linux was bad at this...

0 Kudos