Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

compiling with -ipo and qopt-report=5

AThar2
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a reason why if I compile with both -ipo qopt-report=5, my optrpt report does not contain much of information. While If i removed -ipo I get the information in the report file as I would expect.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

With -ipo, optimization doesn't occur until the "linking" stage, so there's little to report.

AThar2
Beginner

Hello Steve

that makes sense. What about vector instruction would they be incorporated then? And how to know if a simd loop was vectorized when no report are provided

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

I'm pretty sure that if you use ifort to link and add -qopt-report that you should get what you want. Until you do the "link" (actually a pre-link phase that then invokes ld), the .o files just have "intermediate code" that is read by the compiler again at the link to do code generation and optimizing.