Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

create a PDF file

jmloriot
Beginner

My program prints thousands of documents.

Thus it is not possible to open a dialogue box and to request an action of a human operator for each document.

I use winprint.f90 and by pre-defining the default printer, my program prints all the documents very well without the intervention of a human operator on a physical printer.

Now I have to print thousands of PDF files.

If the default printer is PDF CREATOR, or any other equivalent program, printing is perfect, but for each of the thousands of documents, the PDF CREATOR opens a dialog box and asks for human action.

I need to find a solution and I see 3 possibilities:

1 - the easiest way would be to set PDF CREATOR or any other equivalent program, so that it uses the name of the printed document to automatically create a PDF file. But so far, I have not found a way to set up PDF CREATOR to do that, and I don't even know if it's possible. All providers tehse programs have never answered to my requests for information.

2 - another way is to use (by purchasing) a library to create PDF files. I searched on the internet and found ACROBAT DC SDK and some other ones, and I have not yet been able to get an idea which one to buy and how to use it.

3 - Another possibility is to use sendmessage to drive PDF CREATOR, but so far, I have been able to use sendmessage between several programs that I wrote myself, but I have not been able to send a message to PDF CREATOR.

Help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GVautier
New Contributor II

Hi

Take a look at "profiles" in pdfcreator.  It seems hat you can set an automatic mode.

0 Kudos
jmloriot
Beginner

Thank you Gilles

0 Kudos
kolber__Michael
New Contributor I

Is this a Fortran project that you are working on?  Are you using any other languages?

Thanks.

Michael

0 Kudos
jmloriot
Beginner

Fortran project, no other language

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Last year I was helping someone with a similar need. He had identified a commercial product called Win2PDF that allowed you to set up an automated "print to PDF" without user input.

0 Kudos