Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

creating pdb file by ifort command

Hamed_N_
Beginner

I am developing an UMAT subroutine for abaqus, which is a fortran code. I want to debug the soubroutine, so I need to compile it and generate the .obj and .pdb files. but when I use the ifort command to do that, only the .obj file (plus a .f90 and .mod files) is created.

I have Fortran Intel 64, version 11.1 and Microsoft visual studio 2009 (08 plus SP1). The command I am using is as below:

ifort /nologo /debug:full /threads /Qvc9 /check:bounds /c /Od /Zi /dbglibs /libs:static /warn:interface /pdbfile:"vc90" /module:"Compiled\\" /object:"Compiled\\" /Qlocation,link,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin" "anisoplate_s9r5_usr_orient.for"

I have tryed with and without every option, and still the same result.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

If I recall correctly, in V11.1 we were not generating pdb files (despite the fact that 'ifort' allowed you to name the pdb output file).  Again, if I remember correctly, the debug information was equivalent to Microsoft C's /Z7 switch, and was embedded in the object files.

Have you tried debugging, and it failed?

If not - please give it a try.

Make sure the final executable is linked with /debug.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Hamed_N_
Beginner

Thank Lorri. Actually I don't know how, but the Abaqus himself generate both .obj and .pdb files. So I just paused the job somehow, copied the generated filed in my directory and used them in VS. But the question is. how abaqus, which is linke with Fortran V.11.1, generate the .pdb file. But the problem is solved.

0 Kudos