Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

debugging on current fortran compiler

stedwomas
Beginner

I have this set up on my machine

stedwomas_0-1666365620471.png

The previous version of Vis studio(2022)   with Fortran was a non starter and using the one before that was a real struggle

The problem with the current set  is when I debug

1) single variables must be in upper case to show in the watch window otherwise they are undefined

2) array items are undefined - even in upper case

stedwomas_1-1666365800881.png

3) Single variables in common blocks show if in upper case

4) Single or array variables in Modules are undefined  even in upper case

Is there an option I can set  to get the variable to show properly in the watch windows and if so can the variables update dynamically  

Also using the Previous version of Fortran on Vis studio (2022)  ,  variables would not update dynamically when scrolling through code and I had to click on the "round arrow" of an undefined variable to update the other variables

Hoping someone can sort this problem

Steve Konarski

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The Fortran-specific debugger support did not load - what you're seeing is the standard support for MS Visual C++.  The usual solution to this is to uninstall the Intel product(s), uninstall Visual Studio, reboot, then reinstall. It is not a common problem, but it does happen sometimes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The Fortran-specific debugger support did not load - what you're seeing is the standard support for MS Visual C++.  The usual solution to this is to uninstall the Intel product(s), uninstall Visual Studio, reboot, then reinstall. It is not a common problem, but it does happen sometimes.

0 Kudos
stedwomas
Beginner

Thanks Steve that seems to have done the trick - (not tested everything yet, but so far so good) I only uninstalled and reinstalled the intel one-API and not the visual studio.  Also when installing I was asked   to install the  oneAPI Base toolkit  midway through installing the HPC kit.

Once again  many thanks for getting me on the right track

Steve Konarski

0 Kudos