Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

.dll error

Jihoe_K_
Beginner

Hi.  I am using Intel Cluster Studio for Fortran programming.   (Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1)

My code is using mpi library and tecplot library as follows:

program dust_liquid

!DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:"impid.lib"
         !DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:"tecio.lib"

~~~~~

~~~~~

Setting in Tools/Options/Intel Composer XE/Visual Fortran/Compilers  is as follows:  (It is Win32 setting. I am using 32bit Compiling option).

Includes:C:\Program Files (x86)\Tecplot\Tec360 2008\include;$(I_MPI_ROOT)/ia32/include;.................

Libraries: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tecplot\Tec360 2008\bin;$(I_MPI_ROOT)/ia32/lib; $(I_MPI_ROOT)/ia32/lib;.................

1. the library file "impid.lib" is in $(I_MPI_ROOT)/ia32/lib directory,  (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MPI\4.1.3.045\ia32\lib)

(I_MPI_ROOT environmental variable is set properly. I checked it by typing echo %I_MPI_ROOT% in command line)

2. the library file "tecio.lib" is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tecplot\Tec360 2008\bin directory.

3.  impid.dll file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MPI\4.1.3.045\ia32\bin  directory. and

4. tecio.dll file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tecplot\Tec360 2008\bin directory.

5. As I guess,  the .dll files are referred by library files.

Anyhow,  I have been using this setting more than a year without any problem.  Up until now, everything was ok.

But today, when I am trying to compile the project, I have error message as follows:

( The Program can't start because tecio.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.)

I changed my code not to use tecio.lib, and retried.

Then the error message changed as follows:

( The Program can't start because impid.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.)

Seems that two .dll links are broken, but files are still there.

As I said, up until now, It has been ok with no problem. It seems that nothing has changed. I don't know why this error occurs suddenly.

Can anybody help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Windows uses the PATH environment variable to locate DLLs. If the Tecplot and Intel MPI DLL folders are not included in PATH, Windows won't find those DLLs when your program is run. It would seem that something changed your system PATH variable.

Intel MPI adds itself to PATH when installed - I don't know about Tecplot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Windows uses the PATH environment variable to locate DLLs. If the Tecplot and Intel MPI DLL folders are not included in PATH, Windows won't find those DLLs when your program is run. It would seem that something changed your system PATH variable.

Intel MPI adds itself to PATH when installed - I don't know about Tecplot.

0 Kudos
Jihoe_K_
Beginner

Thank you steve. I added the directory information in PATH, and seems that problem has been solved.  I don't know why PATH variable has changed. Anyhow, it seems that it is working well now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jihoe_K_
Beginner

Thank you steve. I added the directory information in PATH, and seems that problem has been solved.  I don't know why PATH variable has changed. Anyhow, it seems that it is working well now. Thank you.

0 Kudos