Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error #5102 'resource .fd'

salem__arezki
Beginner

hi, 

i work on a quickwin application using visual studio 2015 and intel visual fortran 2018 , i want to display a diaglog box but when i build the program it displayed me error#5102:cannot open include file 'resource.fd' , can anyone help me to fix this problem ?

Arezki Salem

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

When you manually add a resource file to a project, rather than adding the resource directly, you need to add a custom build step to create the .fd file. The instructions for this are in Using Intel® Visual Fortran to Create and Build Windows*-Based Applications > Designing a Dialog Box Overview:

When you save your resource file for the first time, the resource editor also creates a Resource.h file. This file is included by the .RC file. To create the Fortran equivalent of this file (resource.fd), do the following:

1. Add Resource.h to your project using File>Add Existing Item....

2. Select the Resource.h file in the Solution View and the select View>Property Pages from the main menu bar.

3. Set the Command Line option to use the deftofd tool by entering:

deftofd resource.h resource.fd

(For more information on the deftofd tool, see The Include (.FD and .H) Files.)

4. Set the Description option to Generating Fortran include file...

5. Set the Outputs option to resource.fd.

6. Click OK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

When you manually add a resource file to a project, rather than adding the resource directly, you need to add a custom build step to create the .fd file. The instructions for this are in Using Intel® Visual Fortran to Create and Build Windows*-Based Applications > Designing a Dialog Box Overview:

When you save your resource file for the first time, the resource editor also creates a Resource.h file. This file is included by the .RC file. To create the Fortran equivalent of this file (resource.fd), do the following:

1. Add Resource.h to your project using File>Add Existing Item....

2. Select the Resource.h file in the Solution View and the select View>Property Pages from the main menu bar.

3. Set the Command Line option to use the deftofd tool by entering:

deftofd resource.h resource.fd

(For more information on the deftofd tool, see The Include (.FD and .H) Files.)

4. Set the Description option to Generating Fortran include file...

5. Set the Outputs option to resource.fd.

6. Click OK.

0 Kudos
salem__arezki
Beginner

hi Doctor when i arrived at the 4th step, i don't understand what i must do ! can you please clarify this point ? 

Arezki Salem 

0 Kudos
salem__arezki
Beginner

hi , 

finally i fixed the program , thank you DOCTOR !

Arezki Salem

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That fourth step is just text to output when that part of the build is happening, it doesn't matter what you put there. Glad to hear you got it working.

0 Kudos