Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error compilation

aleixocarvalho
Beginner

After the ifort installation , I meet this error when I try to compile a simple fortran example. Can you give me some suggsetion?

ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.4/32/crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ron_Green
Quoting - aleixocarvalho

After the ifort installation , I meet this error when I try to compile a simple fortran example. Can you give me some suggsetion?

ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.4/32/crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory

Just a guess, but are you using Ubuntu? If so, is it 8.10?

What version of the Intel Fortran compiler? 11.0.074 (I hope)

Read the below information and make sure you have the required software. THen try to reinstall.

Did you install the prerequisite packages? If I'm right and you have Ubuntu, Ubuntu does not install all the developer tools by default - you must install them separately. here is a writeup for Ubuntu 8.04 which holds for 8.10

Using Intel Compilers under Ubuntu 8.04

In order to use Intel Compilers ( Fortran or C++ ) under Ubuntu 8.04 you will need the latest 10.1 version of the Intel compiler(s). Older 10.0 and 9.1 versions of the compilers may not work properly under Ubuntu 8.04.

If you have active support for your compiler, you can download the latest 10.1 version from
https://registrationcenter.intel.com

BEFORE YOU INSTALL Intel Fortran for Linux or Intel C++ for Linux on your fresh Ubuntu Desktop 8.04 installation, you will need to install several packages to prepare the system to serve as a development platform:

Check that gcc is installed. By default, Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop installs gcc 4.2.3-2ubuntu7. Check this with:

gcc --version

If, for some reason, you do not have gcc installed, use Synaptic Package Manager (under 'System' -> 'Administration' menus) OR use apt-get to install gcc.

Next, install g++. This is not installed by default. Again, use Synaptic Package Manager or apt-get to install package "g++"

Next, you need to install the 32bit compatibility library libstdc++.so.5. To do this, use apt-get or Synaptic Package Manager to retrieve and install package
"libstdc++5"

This package may require installing another package as a prerequisite,
"gcc-3.3-base"

If so, go ahead and install this older gcc package.

Once this is complete, you are ready to start the Intel compiler(s) installation. During the installation, you will get a message "Detected operating system Debian* (generic) is not supported", followed by

"Would you like to perform an unsupported install of this product [yes/no] (no)?"

enter "yes"

This will complete the installation.

0 Kudos