Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28486 Discussions

error message related to dll, Digital Visual Fortran 6

plangohr
Beginner
i keep on getting the below error message when I execute with the debugger. Compilation is fine. I got this message when I was integrating an IMSL optimization routine in my program. I then tried using the IMSL routine with a given example, and I got the same message. However, i do not get an error on the example when I execute w/o the debugger.

Could anyone help me? It is for my dissertation...

Thank you,

Patricia

ERROR message:

Loaded 'C:WINNTSystem32 tdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32DFORMD.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32msvcrt.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32KERNEL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
The thread 0x17A has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program 'C:UsersPatriciadissertFortran prog empDebug emp.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
0 Kudos
3 Replies
james1
Beginner
The messages about missing symbolic information mean that your symbol files for the given DLLs are not available. However as you wouldn't need to step into any routines from those DLLs, that shouldn't be a problem, and you can ignore the messages. Otherwise the output shows your program terminating normally.

James
0 Kudos
plangohr
Beginner
Thank you very much for your response. The problem is that this message does not allow to run the debugger all way through. Execution seems to run fine but the debugger stops before the end of the program with this message. It is important because my other (more complicated) program does not execute all the way (there is a problem with the optimization routine for a certain parameter configuration, but it has worked before in a matlab environment and opt. routine) and am trying to debug it. The debugger stops with the below message:

Loaded 'C:WINNTSystem32 tdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32KERNEL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
The thread 0x16E has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program 'C:UsersPatriciadissertFortran progduo_eq_profitsDebugduo_eq_profits.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Why could I be stepping in these routine when I do not need to, and how come the symbol files for these DLLs are missing?

Thank you so much for your support, it is very valuable to me,

best,

Patricia
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
As James said, the "Loaded.." messages are informational and can be ignored. These DLLs are Windows system DLLs for which debugging information is not available by default. (If you have Visual C++, you can optionally install the debug info for them, but it is of no interest to you unless you want to step into these system DLLs.)

The other messages indicate that your application exited with a success status. Apparently, you feel that it should not have exited and should have done something else - you may need to set breakpoints at various places to see what it is doing.

Steve
0 Kudos