Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

exe file deleted after call / program stops at different points

Stefan_S_5
Beginner

Hi everyone

our software product was developped through years. xe composer and various predecessors are great tools. Since two days i have serious problems with xe composer:

after compiling and linking in debug or release mode, the program stops at various points in the code. Calling the program (release mode) from a command line will even delete the exe file after the call.

i do not have any idea what is going on. The source code was not changed radically. Even restoring previous versions of the source code does not affect this strange behaviour. Neither Visual Studio nor XE has been updated throught the last week. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or what i could do?

G

Stefan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Check the behaviour and configuration of any virus scanner on the machine.    Sometimes they can get a little over-enthusiastic about protecting you from your own programs.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

IanH may be correct. Too many AV programs went to Whitelisting. Your brand spank'n new program isn't on their whitelist. Consider tuning off a scan of your output folder(s).

You can also check the build log to see where the .exe is actually being placed. Maybe something has changed (e.g. a new configuration or platform)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Stefan_S_5
Beginner

have been out for a few hours...

Thank you very much for the hint - you were right! I found my exe files in the quarantine of de AV Scanner and thus I will have to whitelist my program... and be happy again!

Stefan Sutter

0 Kudos