Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

external Link issues

Thomaskutty_A_
Beginner

I am getting following error when I tried to compile a .f file.

-subsystem:console
weibull.obj
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PAPER referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _M01CAF referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _E02ADF referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CTRMAG referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _MAP referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _AXES referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PLACE referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TYPECS referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PTPLOT referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _POSITN referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _JOIN referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BORDER referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SUFFIX referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _NORMAL referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CTRORI referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SUPFIX referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _FRAME referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GREND referenced in function _MAIN__
weibull.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 18 unresolved externals

What is the solution 

Is there any chance to get these library files? If any one has these library access? could you please help me to get an executable?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

The solution is to add the name of the library or libraries that contain these symbols to your link step. I do not know which libraries you need, but Google turns up the NAG numerical libraries as a candidate (I looked for M01CAF, recognising the naming style). So you will have to get hold of these libraries if you do not have them already.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The routines M01CAF and E02ADF are in the NAG Fortran library, and the other unsatisfied externals appear to be related to some old plotting library. I suspect that the the source file from which you obtained WEIBULL.OBJ may have been written in the 70s or 80s for a mainframe computer.

Did you study the comments in the source code to assess portability and to ascertain dependencies on external libraries? E02ADF is a routine for obtaining a least-squares polynomial fit, and M01CAF is a routine for sorting an array of real numbers. Substitutes with these capabilities are available in IFort and MKL, but I am afraid that you will have to find the plotting library yourself. Furthermore, if the plot device is the venerable Calcomp flat-bed plotter, you will need to find utilities to convert the plot file to Postscript or something similar.

Another possibility is that you do not need the plot output; if so, you can either (i) remove the plot calls from your code or (ii) supply dummy plot routines that just return immediately after entry.

0 Kudos