Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 11

Pravesh_G_
Beginner

Hello Team,

When we run this script

./get_tmpa.sh 2008010106 2008010106

than I am getting following error:

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 11, file /iitm1/sspm-res/ocn/deepa/gfsletkf/trunk/gfs/run/tmp/gfs-letkf_deepa_exp1_get_tmpa/tmpa.dat
Image PC Routine Line Source
dec_prcp 0000000000446D93 Unknown Unknown Unknown
dec_prcp 0000000000444AD6 Unknown Unknown Unknown
dec_prcp 0000000000403B54 Unknown Unknown Unknown
dec_prcp 0000000000403986 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libc.so.6 0000003C73A1ECDD Unknown Unknown Unknown
dec_prcp 0000000000403879 Unknown Unknown Unknown
mv: cannot stat `fort.90': No such file or directory

I am also attaching script file. Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Pravesh Goyal

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

From List of Run-Time Error Messages (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/579769):

severe (36): Attempt to access non-existent record

FOR$IOS_ATTACCNON. A direct-access READ or FIND statement attempted to access beyond the end of a relative file (or a sequential file on disk with fixed-length records) or access a record that was previously deleted from a relative file.

It appears the program (ncl) suffered a failure reading an unformatted file in Big Endian format based on the error and F_UFMTENDIAN="big" variable setting. I guess check that tmpa.dat is in the expected Big Endian format and contains the expected data.

0 Kudos
Pravesh_G_
Beginner

Hello Sir,

tmpa.dat is empty file. it does not contain any data.

If we comment F_UFMTENDIAN="big" after that also same error appears. Please suggest me.

Regards,

Pravesh Goyal

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It is difficult to help with a program that you have not shown which attempts to read an unformatted file that happens to be empty. How about this: "Don't run the script on an empty file, then you will not see the error message"? You can check the file size in the shell script and, when the length is zero or less than some pre-determined value, do not run the program that would read the file. After all, what is the point of attempting to run a data processing program when you are unable to give it any data to process?

0 Kudos